Create a VPN connection (Vista screens)
- On the client machine, right click the network icon in the tray and click the Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, click the Set up a connection or network on the left side of the window.
- On the Choose a connection option page, click on the Connect to a workplace entry and click Next.
- Depending on your current network setup, you may be asked whether you want to re-use existing connection.
- On the How do you want to connect page, select the Use my Internet connection (VPN) entry.
- On the Type the Internet address to connect to page, enter the name of the VPN server SSTP.HILSBERG.COM.
Enter a Destination name eg. The Hilsberg Connection.
- On the Type your user name and password page, enter User name, Password and Domain HILSBERG. (You should know the values that were assigned to you)
- Click Close on the You are connected page.
- On the Select a location for the “The Hilsberg Connection” network page, select the Work option.
- Click Continue on the UAC prompt. (If you see one)
- Click Close on the Successfully set network settings page
- In the Network and Sharing Center, click on the View status link in the VPN to Hilsberg section.
- You will see in the The Hilsberg Connection Status dialog box that the VPN connection type is PPTP.
- Make sure that the connection uses CHAP v2. In connection properties check
- In the DOS window type:
You should see something like this:
- In the DOS prompt type:
or, for test of static routing, type:
If your VPN connection is successful, you will receive a ping reply.